App can not update ECF on SP Task List type of Project

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum App can not update ECF on SP Task List type of Project

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mario

Hi,
      we installed your App in PWA. We use SharePoint Task List projects that we create in PWA. We edit Project Details and other Enterprise Custom fields for the project.
      However, the App can not edit those fields. Error Message:
      Cannot update field on SharePoint Task list project, custom field not ‘Editable in SharePoint Task List Projects’

Is this as by design? That only non-SP project in PWA can be edited?
      best regards

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi,

Bulk Edit does support updating custom fields for SharePoint task list projects, however these fields need to be configured specifically for this, so in this case can you check the Enterprise Custom Fields that you are trying to edit under Server Settings and confirm if they have the check-box enabled “Allow editing on Project Details pages for SharePoint Tasks List Projects” in the details section of the configuration.

Thanks,
      Martin

Mario

Hi,
      thnx, but it does not work for us. Even standard “Project Description” field, which is default editable cant be edited – with above error message. Projects are not checked out.

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Are you able to add these fields to a PDP and edit their values there? I have just tested that myself and I cannot for SP Task List Projects.

What you will find is that even the out of the box fields cannot be edited in a SharePoint Task List project in the normal fashion. These projects do not have the typical check-in / check-out project server functionality, so for that reason the custom fields must be configured specially.

Please check that the fields you are trying to edit do have “Allow editing on Project Details pages for SharePoint Tasks List Projects” enabled and then retest.

Thank you,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.