Bulk Edit of ECF Lookup

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Bulk Edit of ECF Lookup

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John DV

Can you bulk edit ECF that is a lookup field? For example, I’m trying to update Project Department that has 3 values to select from, however in Bulk Edit, when clicking the field it doesn’t show the values. There is just this small clear box. Any insight?

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yes you definitely can update ECF with lookup tables, both multi-value and single choice.

However I do believe there is a bug with some non-text based lookup table values, so can you confirm what type of values your lookup table contains?

Thanks,
      Martin

Aaron Harclerode

I’m having the same experience as the original poster. Bulk edit works fine in one of our environments, however, in the other one (used for testing) it won’t edit any ECFs that use lookup tables. All the lookup tables are single level text, so the bug mentioned might not apply here. Anything else to try?

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hello Aaron,

Okay can you tell me a couple of things, firstly what are the names of some of the lookup tables and their associated custom fields? Any special characters or similar? This issue may be caused by one field having a name that cannot be mapped easily to OData, for example the field name “Project Id” would map in OData to “ProjectId2” to prevent conflicts, similarly names with spaces, underscores and periods are modified. Previously these names have caused some issues in Bulk Edit.

Secondly you can get more information in the browser “developer console”, F12 in IE or Chrome, then click the Console tab and then reload the page. Here you will see some more details of any errors occurring during loading, if you could copy / paste that here that would help me help you.

Thanks,
      Martin

Jonas De Clerck

Hello,

I also have the same issue as the users above. I want to bulk edit a custom field “Portfolio” with a look-up table assigned. Look up values are text with no special characters.

When i want to edit the custom field, the values to choose from do not appear

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.