Fields reverting back to previous value

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Fields reverting back to previous value

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jessica

In Bulk Edit app I change a field and it gets a green tick, but when I go back to Project Centre the old value is displayed. The seems to affect about 40% of my changes and is just as time consuming to edit twice as it is to open each project in turn to edit.

Am I doing something wrong without realising? What exact steps should I take to edit?

Open bulk edit app, select fields, double click in field I want to change, enter new value, press enter or tab to move out of field, wait for green tick, go to next field…

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

What you are doing definitely sounds correct, can you tell me are you updating different fields in the same project or different projects? And do you see any error message at the bottom of the screen when doing so?

Thanks,
      Martin

Jessica

Thanks, Martin.

I’m updating various projects – I have 4 financial fields in each to update monthly. When I head back to the Project Centre it’s a mixture of fields across projects that haven’t kept the update I saw in the app.

It actually just happened a moment ago hence me heading back over here to check for replies… I thought it might be hitting tab instead of enter so tried to always use the enter key, but of 6 fields in two projects I changed, only 5 retained the update.

Also – is there a way to copy/paste multiple entries in one go?

Jessica

Oh and no error messages. Always get the green tick on the left hand side.

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

Okay from the sounds of it my guess would be that the individual update jobs for each project are overwriting each other, so for example, when you update field 1 on Project A, then immediately (when able) you update field 2 on Project A, etc that may result in this bug.

I will do some testing on my side to see if it something I can address with a bug fix.

In the meantime if you update one Project after another, so for example field 1 in Project A, then field 1 in Project B, and so on leaving a little extra time between each individual project change.

I will update you here with my findings soon.
      Martin

BanglarManoosh

My ex & I were close, then we had a bad break up. A month has gone by & we still see each other on a daily basis but don’t talk b/c we don’t want to make it awkward for our muautl friends by arguing. So we haven’t had any contact & I’ve moved on but in the past 2 weeks I have dreamed about him 11 times.& the dreams are about him missing me, us getting back together, or me missing him. Why do I keep dreaming about him? Does this mean he misses me?

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi again,

Okay I have looked into this further and been able to find the cause of the issue, so I’ve just created and submitted an update to the App which is currently being reviewed by Microsoft.

In the next few days (Est around the 16th April 2015) please check if your ‘Site Contents’ to see the update when it is available, the update link will look like the following:

Update

If you are not an administrator you may need to speak to your administrator to install the update.

Please let me know if you continue to have any problems after installing this update.

Martin

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Quick note this, the update went through however I have discovered an issue in the packaging, so I’ve just resubmitted v1.0.4.4, so if you see this now please hold off on upgrading until next week as the above version doesn’t contain your fix.

Regards,
      Martin

Jessica

Sorry – just back from a week out of office and reading these updates. Thanks so much for the support. Will wait to update the app when you advise

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

The latest version (1.0.4.4) should be available anytime now, please check your Site Settings as per above then let me know if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.