Loading projects

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Loading projects

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Benoit

One of my clients recently installed your product on an instance of Project Online. With a little over 700 projects, the Bulk Edit screen seems unable to load the information (or at leas, it is taking so long, over 5-10 min., we are cancelling the load).

Please advise

Ben

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear that, that certainly shouldn’t occur as regardless of how many projects you have in the system Bulk Edit will only load 20-30 at a time.

Meaning that the issue is likely to be caused by something preventing the data from loading, are you getting any errors in the first few seconds of the load? Also are you able to press F12 and select the “Console”, do you see any errors displayed?

I am currently preparing a new release with some bug fixes that I have had to make due to changes in Project Online, so it is possible this is affecting you, if so that update should be out in the next week or so but any information you can provide would help.

Thanks,

Alain Simard

Hello Martin,
      I’m the client that Benoît is working with (Cascades). (Benoit is currently in holiday).
      I press F12, went on console, and press F5. There is the message (in console section) :
      SEC7115: Les styles de liens visibles et consultés peuvent avoir une couleur différente. Certains styles n’ont pas été appliqués au lien consulté.
      Default.aspx?SPHostUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcascades%2Esharepoint%2Ecom%2Fsites%2Fpwa&SPLanguage=fr%2DFR&SPClientTag=5&SPProductNumber=16%2E0%2E3208%2E1225&SPAppWebUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcascades%2D80916c0a2a3998%2Esharepoint%2Ecom%2Fsites%2Fpwa%2FBulkEdit
      ODATA Error counting projects, retring..
      SCRIPT5007: Impossible d’obtenir la valeur de la propriété « length » : objet null ou non défini
      RemoteModel.min.js, Ligne 1 Caractère 8916
      SCRIPT5009: « errorCode » est indéfini
      RemoteModel.min.js, Ligne 1 Caractère 5738
      SCRIPT5009: « errorCode » est indéfini
      RemoteModel.min.js, Ligne 1 Caractère 5738

If you want me to connect on my laptop (with join.me) it will be great.
      Thanks
      Alain Simard 819-363-6170

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hello Alain,

Can you ensure that the latest version is installed as an update was released last week, see https://nearbaseline.com/2014/08/bulk-edit-v1-0-4-update/ for more info on how to check for an update.

Once installed then you should be able to edit projects even if this error occurs, so please confirm if the loading message does disappear now.

Thanks,
      Martin

Roberto

Hi,

We use the Project Online version and after installing it goes into “Loading data” mode for a long time and we only have about 15 projects which are mostly empty.
      Does it need to cache the information?

Thanks,

Rob

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.