Revised project plan for many similar project models

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Revised project plan for many similar project models

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lawrence Capuder

Will Bulk Edit help in this scenario? I have 12 MS Project 2013 templates, involving my company’s 12 various contract types. All are variations of the same basic contract PROCUREMNT project model.

From the templates, I created a contract procurement plan for 20 contracts.

Now that the models are done, I developed several enhancements, adding new summary tasks, tasks and milestones.

Could I use your product to instruct MS Project to modify each template and contract plan files with the model changes.

For instance, something like…

Before the Bid Evaluation summary task, add the following sub-summary tasks and tasks:

Does that sound like an appropriate assignment for Bulk Edit ?

Much appreciation,
      LFMC

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi there,

Interesting question! However unfortunately the answer is no, Bulk Edit does not support updating tasks *inside* of projects, and so you could not use it to update insert / edit tasks as you suggest.

Something like Nintex workflow may allow you to do what you need using workflow if this is a frequently required change, or failing that perhaps a VBA macro in MS Project could do what you need with minimal development?

Hope that helps,
      Martin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Bulk Edit Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.