A custom date field value moves to a day before

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum A custom date field value moves to a day before

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Unable to set the date value for a field

Hi,

We have the Bulk edit deployed to Project online and there is a Project level custom field as Date type (No formula, No workflow controlled etc.) . When I select the value via Bulk edit and it saves nicely but when I reload the data, it move the date value to a day before. while I can go back to a PDP page and set the right value but somehow It doesn’t work with Date field. Tested with multiple date fields but result is same. It always sets the day before date.

Can you please provide input here?

Thanks,
      Amit

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hello Amit,

That sounds to me like it is caused by the timezone, let me do some testing as if there is a discrepancy between the timezone that the app is saving based on the configured time zone in your instance that could result in the value (e.g. midnight on the given date) resulting in an actual date / time prior or ahead of that.

Regards,
      Martin

Thanks, Martin. Looking forward to get a resolution.

Hello Martin,

I did testing around the Time zone settings in Office 365 User profile but couldn’t get it to work. You have a point from App side, it could be saving in different time zone. FYI, I’m in EST.

Thanks,
      Amit

Pete

Just to say, we are seeing the same issue with our install. If, say, we try to update a custom date field to 2017-06-01 using bulk edit, then view it in Project Centre, it actually gets entered as 31/05/2017 16:00. We are on UK time = GMT+1.

Thanks,
      Pete

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi,

I’m just in the process of publishing a bug fix release that should address this issue, please watch my blog for the release info in the coming week once it has been approved.

Regards,
      Martin

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.