- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months, 1 week ago by Justintuh.
September 17, 2014 at 6:10 am #31751Brandon JamesGuest
We loaded several projects using the csom and now the tool is failing.
September 17, 2014 at 6:43 am #31761Brandon JamesGuest
Background: Third party app for Project Server 2013 to allow bulk editing of fields within projects within Project Server. Initially downloaded the app and it worked on day one and then the next time the tool was accessed (maybe 3 – 5 days later) errors were occurring
Issue: After configuring Apps for SharePoint Server 2013 and then downloading the App from the App Store the app appears as an option within the Local App Store to use. Once you go to the Home page of PWA you open the Ribbon and click on Bulk Edit tool. The response is: cannot find http://<guidappid>.servername/apps/bulkedit/default.aspx (Not 100% sure of the actual URL, but the format is similar)
1. Uninstall app, restart IIS, Install app failed.
2. Reconfiguring the App URL in Central Admin and also permissions
Current Status: It does not work!
Current Action: Trying to install tool in a non-prod environment to see if it works.
September 17, 2014 at 9:35 pm #31771
Can I get you to try a couple of things to investigate this?
1. Have you previously installed any apps on the PWA / SharePoint farm? Bulk Publish or my Holiday Sync are a couple of other free apps that are available for PWA.
2. If you open Site Contents and locate the App tile there, does it open?
I have seen an issue where the ribbon icon fails to work due to caching issues, basically both the Internet Explorer cache and / or the SharePoint server cache caches the ribbon buttons and if you reinstall Bulk Edit it can take some time for that to update. Try item 2 above to confirm and try to clear your IE cache on your computer.
Also have a look at this: https://nearbaseline.com/2014/07/problems-installing-apps-in-sharepoint-farm/, in particular at the bottom where I have a few pointers about items to check in your farm when errors occur.
September 18, 2014 at 5:09 am #31781Brandon JamesGuest
Here is the latest in troubleshooting:
We were able to get the Bulk Edit tool to work in our Cloudshare environment without any issues.
1. App URL is pingable from a command prompt
2. Error received when trying to access the Bulk Edit tool
September 18, 2014 at 5:11 am #31791Brandon JamesGuest
This is the error we get.
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /PWA/BulkEdit/Pages/Default.aspx
September 18, 2014 at 7:18 pm #31801
Okay that certainly sounds like an issue with the SharePoint app deployment, can you do the following;
– Uninstall the Bulk Edit, and re-install from the App store. Also can you install another app like Holiday Sync as well to double check.
– Review the steps in my blog article, as they relate to installation / farm configuration issues.
Let me know if that helps,
- This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Martin Laukkanen.
October 12, 2017 at 5:59 pm #101359Stephen CraigGuest
I have just started using the Bulk Edit app on our Project Online setup. I wondered if there was a way to paste or import from an Excel List ?
October 12, 2017 at 6:00 pm #101360Stephen CraigGuest
Sorry posted that in wrong place.
October 13, 2017 at 8:00 pm #101363
Unfortunately no, the copy paste functionality is from between projects in the app itself and pasting from Excel would have unexpected results.