Project Server Bulk Edit App

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Project Server Bulk Edit App

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dilip Mishra

Hi Team,

I am not able to edit the projects in Bulk Edit app. When ever I am editing any project description its loading for some time and then its throwing below error

“Last Error: Sorry the update failed, ensure that the project is not checked out then try again. (Status unknown: 0)”

Can any one help me with this error.

Regards,
      Dilip Mishra

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hello,

I have seen this before when there is a custom field configured to be required in server settings. If the field has no value then any other updates to other project fields will fail in Bulk Edit.

Check your Enterprise Custom Field configuration in Server Settings and if any fields are marked as required make sure to include that field in the Bulk Edit view set that field value first for all projects. Alternately disable the required field – personally I use workflow controlled always in place of required due to this and other issues caused by required fields.

HTH,
      Martin

Dilip Mishra

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the field to not required those where set to required, and tried editing the project description but still i am getting the same error.

Do you have any more things which i can look into.

Regards,
        Dilip Mishra

Dilip Mishra

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the field to not required those where set to required, and tried editing the project description but still i am getting the same error.

Do you have any more things which i can look into.

Regards,
      Dilip Mishra

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hello Dilip,

Is it only the description field that causes this error? Is that the out-of-the-box description field? Can you modify other custom fields for that project and others?

There was a similar problem with the ootb description field in old versions of the Project server API that caused similar issues, however as long as you have a recently patched server (or project online) then that issue should not be the cause.

If it is a custom field and the issue only effects one project, then try editing the project normally, do you see any errors. For example if workflow is configured and fields are required in the current stage then it will be the same as having the field mandatory.

Regards,
      Martin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.