- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by 100% Natural Fiber.
July 30, 2016 at 3:02 am #100646Matt CurleyGuest
I am using Bulk Edit in our Project Online instance and it is taking an excessive amount of time for any data to load. I just opened the Bulk Edit app and it has been attempting to load data for nearly two hours. Please advise, thank you.
August 19, 2016 at 9:29 pm #100711RutgerGuest
Same here, not working in Project Online. It keeps showing the “Loading data” dialog, but nothing shows. IE console is telling me:
– Odata error; Counting projects, retrying…
– Error: RemoteModel.min.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
Could this be fixed? Thanks in advance.
September 18, 2016 at 8:26 pm #100739Martin LaukkanenKeymaster
Can you both check the following to resolve this:
- Permissions: The user running Bulk Edit must have OData access, so they need to be in the Portfolio Managers Group as a minimum, see the section “Security Requirements” here https://nearbaseline.com/apps/bulkedit/support/ if you need more info on this.
- Language: From my testing I can see that if the user’s default language is not English and the PWA site collection is configured to support multiple languages (Site Settings -> Language Settings -> Additional Languages) then this issue can occur on the latest version of Project Server (/ Project Online). Please test this by changing your user profile from ‘About Me -> Edit Profile -> Language and Region’ in Project Server, or ‘My Settings -> My Lanague’ in Project Online.
If the problem is due to language then keep an eye out for the latest version of Bulk Edit with a fix to this issue.
- This reply was modified 5 years ago by Martin Laukkanen.
March 26, 2019 at 5:31 am #110277Charles SeeseGuest
Anyone have tips on how the Bulk Edit tool updates the dropdown options for custom fields?
When I add a new option to a dropdown field, that option does not appear in the Bulk Edit tool, only the original options exist.
Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?