Page load error and project load error

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Page load error and project load error

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #30691
      AvatarEdward Davison
      Guest

      Hi Martin,

      I have the most recent version of the Bulk Edit app installed. I receive the following error when I open the app:

      Error loading page, error was: parsererror details: Error: Invalid XML: {“error”:{“code”:””,”message”:{“lang”:”en-AU”,”value”:”An error occurred while processing this request.”}}}

      Also, only 21 of the projects actually load for editing. I have granted the app the correct permissions as per previous posts on the forum.

      Warm regards,
      Edward Davison.

    • #30711
      Martin LaukkanenMartin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

      Hi Edward,

      Can you confirm something for me; does the Invalid XML error occur on initial start-up only or on every time you either click the reload button or modify the filters?

      That does sound like an issue fixed in the last release (v1.0.3.2) but in that case the projects never actually loaded.

      Otherwise with the projects not loading, are they different in any way to the 21 projects that do load? For example are they master projects, or another special type? Master Projects are not supported by Bulk Edit, but all normal Enterprise or SharePoint task list projects should work.

      Finally are the projects missing Published and visible in Project Center normally?

      Thanks for the info.

      Martin

    • #30921
      AvatarEdward Davison
      Guest

      Hi Martin,

      Thanks for your response.

      The XML error occurs on initial load and remains visible thereafter.

      There are 83 projects in this particular PWA and they are all of the same EPT and are published and visible. There are 8 subprojects. The partial project list that loads is the same every time.

      Warm regards,
      Edward Davison.

    • #31131
      Martin LaukkanenMartin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

      Hi Edward,

      I have just submitted a large update to Bulk Edit for approval by Microsoft, it contains a number of bug fixes and some new features, specifically I do think one of the bugs fixed may have caused the behavior you are experiencing so please check back here over the coming week for when the update is available!

      After you’ve updated please let me know if your issue has been resolved.

      Regards,
      Martin

    • #31141
      AvatarEdward Davison
      Guest

      Thanks Martin. I will apply the update as soon as it is available and report back.

    • #31211
      AvatarEdward Davison
      Guest

      Hi Martin,

      The update has resolved the project load error. Thank you!

      On initial page load there is still an error displaying at the bottom on the window:

      Error getting project count, error was: parsererror details: Error: Invalid XML: {“error”:{“code”:””,”message”:{“lang”:”en-AU”,”value”:”An error occurred while processing this request.”}}}

      Warm regards,
      Edward Davison.

    • #31231
      Martin LaukkanenMartin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

      Thanks for the feedback, good to hear the main problem is gone.

      I have been able to reproduce that particular “Error getting project count” and have found it is due to some custom field / project data in the OData feed that is not handled well in XML. Keep an eye on my blog as I’ll post something there if I find a fix.

      Fortunately that error should not affect the update of projects in Bulk Edit.

      Regards,

    • #31541
      Martin LaukkanenMartin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

      Final update on this, please see the following post that may point to the root cause of this issue for you:
      https://nearbaseline.com/2014/09/odata-error-processing-this-request/

      HTH,
      Martin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Page load error and project load error’ is closed to new replies.