Sorry, this app is not supported on your server

Home Forums Bulk Edit Support Forum Sorry, this app is not supported on your server

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Max

Hello Martin. I’m trying to identify the source of my installation issue for an on premise version of SharePoint and Project Server 2013.

I succesfully deployed all requirements for making work the QuickStatus test app provided by Microsoft.

With Bulk Edit, I get this error “Sorry, this app is not supported on your server” when I attempt to install the app from the Sharepoint Store’s search result page.

Is there any prerequesite for this app?

Could this app be programmed to only work with Online Version of SP/PS 2013? I’ve found this topic that may be related.

Thank you for your help!

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi Max,

BulkEdit is a SharePoint hosted App and so does not require the S2S auth discussed in that thread about Provider hosted apps.

I have tested it personally in a number of environments both on-premise and online and have only seen that specific error message when trying to install in a site collection without Project Server, so can you firstly double check that you are adding it under your /PWA site specifically?

Otherwise have you been able to install other Project apps from the SharePoint app store apart from the Quick Status app you mentioned? Perhaps the Bulk Publish app which is another free Project Server app with identical requirements to Bulk Edit.

Martin

Max

Hello Martin,

I’m happy to know that I might be able to run your app on my on premise version.

I confirm that I tried to install the app from a PWA site. I’m not able either to install the Bulk Publish app from Microsoft SharePoint strore. I get the same error.

Any other idea to resolve this issue considering I can install an app from my own Sharepoint strore but not from Microsoft’s one? Sharepoint and Project Server are installed by default in French (Canada). Is Microsoft blocking some apps depending on the country or language?

Thank you!

Martin Laukkanen
      Keymaster

Hi Max,

It might be caused by the first known issue that I have posted here: https://nearbaseline.com/blog/apps/bulkedit/support/, can you try to select ‘English US’ as your install language? By default the SharePoint store tries to use your local language, however Bulk Edit only comes in English and so the install fails.

Let me know how that goes,

Martin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sorry, this app is not supported on your server’ is closed to new replies.